Of course I cannot have internal information, so all I can do is believe the people who do and they all – intelligence community, media, politicians – say that there was such meddling. Who am I to say they are all wrong or liars? The answer is that I don’t listen to what they say, but watch what they do:
- President Obama handed the power over to Trump and went to jet-ski with Richard Branson. “Yeah, he will destroy everything I’ve built and he is a Russian asset and cheated the election but who cares, the beach awaits” – must have been his thoughts.
- Hillary Clinton ceded the race and went to sell books. She didn’t litigate like Al Gore. She didn’t demand recount. She didn’t go to exile and declare herself the true president. “Putin took my rightful job and will destroy my homeland, but hey, I might get to the NYT bestseller list, so all is fair”
- John Podesta just folded his company and disappeared after a lifetime of beltway politicking without any campaigns, protest organizing or botched robberies. “what is better time to retire than the fall of democracy?!” could be his motto.
- All the Democrat and Never-Trump republican congressmen and senators showed up for work and keep showing up, negotiating over various bills from tax cuts to environmental protection regulations without addressing the “fact” that the president is illegitimate. There are no impeachment attempts, no shutting down the government, no filibuster, no talking 8 hours for democracy on the floor. “Hey, he is a traitor, but if I can get my bill to deregulate tobacco advertisement, I sure vote for his evil agenda written in Moscow” – can be their thought process.
- The community organizers, groups and “the resistance” proved multiple times that they have some impressive numbers. They flooded the terminals against the Muslim ban. They flooded the streets in pink hats protesting disgusting statements on women, they flooded the borders and ICE offices over family separation. But to save democracy itself from Putin’s puppet who did all these?! Not much. Why there are no nationwide protest against the illegitimate president?
- The above could be told for liberal judges. They stalled Muslim ban, family separations, DACA deletion and many other Trump policies. Them being unconstitutional and finally 8/9-0 destroyed by the supreme court didn’t bother them, their goal was clearly to win time and slow down Trump. But for some strange reason, none of them tried to stop or delay the inauguration or depose Trump after he was in office. Why?
- Finally, the “secret society”, the intelligence agents who found the evidences of meddling and collusion. When they realized that the republic they’ve sworn to serve is in grave danger, they … wrote reports, filed them, maybe leaked to some journalists and went on with their lives. They didn’t hold press conferences. They didn’t became Edward Snowden before nor after the election. They didn’t even become desperate and tried to assassinate the tyrant. In this hour of unprecedented attack on America, the head of the “secret society”, Andrew McGabe was most interested in … retiring with full benefits.
The thing is that while everyone is yelling “this is not normal” and “Russia meddled”, no one is doing anything about it. They do the very opposite of “this is not normal”: they carry on as normal. If you’d just see actions and no words, you wouldn’t be aware that anything is out of order.
So my evidence is simple: no one powerful or informed believes that there was meaningful Russian meddling with the election (with or without collusion), evidenced by their complete lack of action. They just lie because they hope that dumb people believe it and vote against Trump candidates in midterms and send them campaign support “because Russia”. It’s just a media smear campaign that no relevant person takes seriously.