- Yūgumo: Torpedo boat with 2×4 12km torpedoes with torpedo reload booster or smoke. Has the best concealment in the tier
- Kitekaze: mini-Harugumo. 1×6 12 km torpedoes and good guns. Long torpedo reload, but has TRB on different slot than smoke.
- Fletcher: 2×5 10.5km torpedoes, good concealment and good guns
- Black: 2×5 13.7 km torpedoes (longest in tier), has better guns than Fletcher and has a 7.5km, 20 seconds radar. Absolute P2W ship.
- Udaloi: 8km torpedoes, bad concealment, Russian long range guns with good DPM
- Tashkent: mini-Khabarovsk, rather light cruiser than destroyer. Excellent guns, crappy concealment, repair party consumable, highest speed. 8km torpedoes.
- Neustrashimy: bizarre P2W ship with Yugumo concealment, 10km torpedoes, better than Tashkent gunfire
- Z-46: 10km torpedoes, average guns with good tracking, OK concealment. 100secs, 5km Hydro.
- Jutland: 2×5 10km torpedoes on fast reload, good concealment, guns are OK-ish with high fire chance. 180secs, 3km Hydro and repair party on different slots than smoke.
- Chung mu: basically Fletcher, with deep water torpedoes and 17 secs, 7.5 km radar.
- Ibuki: 4×4 rear-facing, 10 km torpedoes. High HE damage, high fire chance, high range guns with slow reload and traverse speed. Low HP, good speed<
- Buffalo: no torpedoes. High damage, slow reload guns. Has 5km, 100 secs Hydro and 9.5km 35 secs radar and repair party.
- Seattle: no torpedoes. High speed, high traverse guns. Has 5km, 100 secs Hydro and 9.0km 35 secs radar and repair party.
- Alaska: P2W ship, rather battleship than cruiser with its HP and armor. No torpedoes. Strong, very slow reload guns. Has large size, easier to hit with both guns and torpedoes. Has 5km, 100 secs Hydro and 9.5km 35 secs radar and repair party.
- DM. Donskoi: 2×5, 8km torpedoes. Slow reload, good aim and range guns. Low fire chance HE. 36 knots base speed. Large size, easy to hit. Has 5km, 100 secs Hydro and 11.7km 20 secs radar and repair party.
- Kronshtadt: P2W ship, rather battleship than cruiser with its HP and armor. No torpedoes. Very accurate, but slow reload guns. Has 11.7km 20 secs radar and repair party.
- Roon: 2×4, 6 km torpedoes. Quick turning, accurate guns. Large HP. Has 6km, 120 secs Hydro and repair party and aircrafts.
- Neptune: 6×2, 10 km torpedoes. Very fast firing and turning guns. Weak armor and slow to turn. Has 5km, 100 secs Hydro and 9.0km 35 secs radar and repair party.
- Saint-Louis: 2×3 9 km torpedoes with good firing angles. Fast with engine boost. Very long range guns with main battery reload booster. Has 5km, 100 secs Hydro and repair party.
- Izumo. Slow reloading long range guns, strong superstructure armor against HE. Bad torpedo protection and huge size makes it vulnerable to torpedoes. Has planes.
- Mushasi: P2W ship. Practically Yamato playing in Tier 9, with matching firepower, though the guns are slowly turning . Has the highest HP and best torpedo protection in tier. Has planes.
- Iowa: High range, slow guns with good dispersion if upgraded. Good armor and torpedo protection. It’s the fastest battleship, but has bad rudder shift and large size, so turning is hard. Has weak secondaries. Has planes.
- Missouri: P2W ship. Practically Iowa, with stronger armor and a 35 seconds, 9.45 km radar. On a battleship.
- Friedrich der Große: it has great armor, HP, best secondaries and fast-aiming, (relatively) fast-firing turrets with bad sigma. Its weakness is bad maneuverability. Has 120 seconds, 6 km hydro.
- Lion: Has slow, slow turning, but strong and high fire chance guns. Maneuverability is good, but length makes it hard to avoid torpedoes. Torpedo protection system is weak and HP is small. Has planes.
- Alsace: slowest reload, but fastest turning guns with bad dispersion. Lots of them. Very fast for a battleship and has speed boost. Good secondaries. Low HP and bad maneuverability.
- Jean Bart: P2W ship. Fast reload and has reload booster. Relatively fast ship, has lots of high fire chance secondaries. Good maneuverability. Weak top armor allows overmatch and HE spam.
What’s really interesting is how many ships there are for a new player to learn. Each has its own strengths and weaknesses (except Missouri, that only has strengths). Anyway, the next ranked season will be interesting.